4/18/2017

Back in Time - Roman Ruins in Conimbriga







 Olá! Guess who's back, back again...Yes, it's me! You're probably asking: "Where were you for such a long time?" I'm gonna tell you. Travelling around Spain! It's true, I promise. And I think I owe you a lot of photos from amazing places. But today I have to go back in time, before I went to Spain, me and my friends went to Conimbriga. Roman ruins near Coimbra - my Erasmus city. It was incredible, you see all those things and you think: "Just how...? How did they do that?" I've never seen something like this in my life. 


You can walk through the ruins almost as you like, so you can feel the atmosphere and imagine that you really went back in time. You can even imagine people swimming in the pool or enjoying hot baths, walking on the former streets...I know my imagination is pretty big. 

Everywhere there are signs with description in also English, so you don't have to worry about not understanding what the signs say. I can tell you, even though I'm trying to learn Portuguese, it is very hard sometimes to understand. And after one week in Spain where I spoke in Spanish (and English of course), I have to learn everything all over again...


And now to the part that interests you the most I think. The price. The ticket costs 3 € for the ruins plus the museum. I can tell you, it's definitely worth it. If you want to know more, here is the link for the FAQ of the official website.

And if you don't want to pay, there is beautiful nature. Perfect for running, hiking and long walks. However, I advise you to go inside and enjoy the beauty. In the museum I also found the devil (as you can see on one of the photos below) and tried to recall something from my Latin classes, when I wanted to translate what was written on the stones. 

Conimbriga is wonderful place, where you can relax and learn new things from human history, and trust me, I always say yes to this!










 







 









Love,
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment