7/14/2017

Dancing In The Street In Barcelona: Spain - Day 1



Hello dear friends! Three months after our trip to Spain I finally managed to edit pictures that I took. It's incredible how many pictures I take on a daily basis! (Especially when I'm traveling.) But back to the trip. I and my two housemates visited 6 Spanish cities in ten days. It was hard but amazing and totally worth it. 

The idea came to us, because Portugal is very close to Spain and we had never been there before, so why not? Two weeks later we were looking for cheap flights and found one to Barcelona for 20€, so we said "Hell yes, we're going!" and it was done. Since then had been planning our journey (it's really hard to choose the cities because Spain is too beautiful), writing to couchsurfers, finding prices of BlaBlaCar, listening Ed Sheeran's "Barcelona" song on repeat and many more things. We were terrified but super excited.

Three weeks passed like nothing and after almost not catching the plane, we got to Barcelona with Ed's song still in our heads. I was the one who was responsible for this city. And I screwed up by getting off the bus from the airport on the wrong station. Of course. But at least thanks to that we saw very nice architecture and walked almost through the entire Avinguda Diagonal and I can tell you, our journey seemed endless. Who could expect that Barcelona is so big, right? At least we bought ice cream on the way, which made our wandering a little bit more pleasant.

Our couchsurfing, which was more like Airbnb, because we had to pay for staying there (always read the reviews!), was nice. The owner showed us a bit around Parc de la Ciutadella and when he left, we were just hanging around the sea, enjoying the sun and the feeling that we made it. We were in Barcelona!












As we are still humans, we got really hungry. So, what is better place, where to find food, than local market? We chose Mercado de La Boqueria, because it was the closest and most famous one. I think I ate there the best chorizo of my life. The market is very diverse in terms of types of food. You can find there everything you need and more, I was mesmerized. I have never seen such big fruits before! Our favourite thing was (suprise, suprise) smoothies. I think that they are a must if you find yourself on a Spanish market. I always went for coconut. Not only in Barcelona, but in every city we visited in Spain. And for the first time I tried Dragon fruit!

When we finished our feast, we decided it's time to see more architecture. Barcelona is the city of Antoni Gaudí. However the prices of the "Gaudí buildings" are too high for a student traveling low cost. That's why we decided just to look at them from the outside, but it didn't bother us at all. We enjoyed it anyway. Sagrada Familia is so beautiful, I cannot even describe it to you through words! The details are perfect. I admire the work everyone put into this piece of art.

After the whole day we were too tired to walk more. We went to our home (for one night), had lovely dinner together with our host and his other guest and went to sleep. We still had a long journey ahead of us.


















Love,
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment